Sunday, November 2, 2014

Latin Mass on All Saints Day

Today I went to a Latin Mass Parish outside of Dallas for Church. It was exquisite. The music and choir was uplifting, the homily challenging, and God was present. My heart was beating so hard with anticipation; pounding rapidly and loudly in my chest and ears as I prepared to receive the Eucharist. That never happened before becoming Catholic when I had communion in other churches. Our God is an awesome God. He is the Lion of Judah and the Lamb of God.

Selah.

I doubt I will go weekly since it is over an hour drive one way, but I hope to go about once a month while I am down here in Texas. I came back singing a hymn we sung this morning that I first learned in the Lutheran Church. The classic hymns can really be timeless, much like the Latin Mass. (No, I don't speak Latin, but fortunately there is an English translation of the Liturgy with which to follow along.)

Yeah, by God's grace I am finally home in the Catholic Church. Now the journey begins in earnest.

"Further up and further in!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated. Please post.