Sunday, April 6, 2014

Moring Report with AK Andy - Day 31? - Sunday, April 6th

Good morning gang!

It has been over a week since my last post. Thought about writing on Thursday, at the four week mark, but was not in the best frame of mind for writing. I have been on the rig now for 24 days and after 3 weeks out here, there are a couple days there were it is best I limit what I say. We have just finished a very long 12.25" diameter section of well. The rig will now be running a steel tube (casing) inside that hole we drilled and then in a few days we will begin drilling the last section of the well, a several hundred meter long 8.5" hole. While I would like to be down in 2 weeks time to be able to have Easter off, that is unlikely. Oh well, such is life in the oil patch. I haven't gotten used to it, but I have... That didn't make much sense, but you get used to planing for not having a set plan. You go with what you get and make the best. The trick is to learn how to thrive in uncertainty.

I am rambling. Sunday was a great day and I enjoyed it.  It is now early hours Monday morning, and I have some tools to tend too here shortly.

Until next time, goodnight!


--
Veritas Numquam Perit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated. Please post.