Friday, March 7, 2014

Morning Reports to Follow

The Idea: While home on last days off, I was doing some cleaning and came across a kind of journal from one of my university field sessions. Every morning we were to write a morning report and turn it in. It could be as simple as a one word summary of the previous day or as detailed as you liked. Reading through the 2 week journal of my Massadona field session thoughts and events was rather entertaining. I then decided to do something similar during this next hitch. So, tomorrow morning I will write a quick post, and hopefully do the same for the upcoming weeks. If anything, I will look back on this string of post years from now and be reminded of where I was/am and hopefully take something away from it. A snapshot in time.

Travel day(s): To briefly do an entry for my getting here,
I left Anchorage Alaska on Wednesday morning at 00:45 Alaska time. After lay overs in Seattle and Frankfurt, I arrived in EQG Thursday evening at 18:45 West Africa time (same as Germany for now, then UK Time after daylight savings). After landing and getting checked into my hotel I grabbed a quick dinner of Fish n Chips out by the hotel pool. I then proceeded to sleep wonderfully the whole night through.

I have always enjoyed traveling and particularly, flying. I met interesting people on both my Frankfurt and EQG flight. I also slept well on the flight to Seattle and EQG. On the way across Canada and the Atlantic Ocean I watched several inflight films including 12 Years a Slave, Ender's Game, and Frozen. On the same flight I read a significant portion of the book I am currently reading, The Sheer Ecstasy of being Lunatic Farmer by Joel Salatin. I look forward to the day when I too become a Lunatic Farmer, but for now I will be an Alaskan living and working in Africa!

Back to work, life is good, and I'm a little jet lagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated. Please post.